Kareena Private puts on a Red Nose for SIDS & Kids!
Jun 29, 2012
Kareena Private celebrated Red Nose Day with a huge fundraiser and is proud to say they raised over $870!
Red Nose Day, held annually on the last Friday in June, is the major fundraiser for SIDS and Kids. The funds raised through Kareen’s Red Nose Day activities will assist SIDS and Kids in providing vital services and programs to the Australian community.
Kareena hosted a fundraiser coordinated by the experienced midwifery team from our Matson Ward which included a variety of activities:
- Staff we’re encouraged to wear red for a gold coin donation
- There was plenty of Red Nose Day merchandise to purchase, as well as pamphlets on SIDS
- Kareena raffled off some fantastic donated prizes
- There was a Red Nose (chocolate jaffas!) guessing competition
- A sausage sizzle lunch for a gold coin donation
- And, a SIDs in-service for staff
A special thank you to all the staff that donated their time to plan, co ordinate and run the SIDS & Kids Red Nose Day.
Kareena Private was also lucky enough to have some lovely volunteers from Tradies Gymea come out on Red Nose Day and spread some extra smiles throughout the wards. All staff and patients we’re thrilled to see the Tradies mascot- Max the Meerkat!
SIDS and Kids offer nation-wide free bereavement services to families who have experienced the death of a baby or child during pregnancy, birth, infancy and childhood regardless of the cause.
Proceeds from Red Nose Day assist SIDS and Kids in providing vital services and programs in your local community including ongoing support, education and research. More information on this is available at www.sidsandkids.org.